St. Mary Magdalen of Pazzi was formed in 1872 from St. Theresa in Rhodelia and Holy Guardian Angel in Mount Merino, near Irvington.
Father Jule Pierre Roaux of St. Theresa, recently arrived from France, was responsible for developing the new parish. A frame church was constructed on two acres which had been purchased in 1871 for thirty dollars. Two pastors later, in 1879, Bishop William G. McCloskey confirmed fifty people and formally blessed the church.
Read more about our history and heritage here.